[NCAP-Discuss] Top-level Domains for Private Internets IETF draft

David Conrad david.conrad at icann.org
Mon Jun 15 14:44:26 UTC 2020

Jeff,

Roy has, as an individual and not in any way in relation to ICANN (other than he happens to work at ICANN), co-authored a proposal to document a convention of using the ISO-3166 “user defined” codes as private namespaces that are impossible to ever collide with any names allocated by ICANN.  His and Ed's Internet Draft documents the other technical uses of ISO-3166 codes. Since he is proposing the 2-letter codes identified by ISO-3166/MA (not ICANN) as “user defined” for a set of private name spaces that are not exclusive of what the GNSO may or may not propose, it isn’t clear how this interacts with GNSO policy.  Could you explain?

Thanks,
-drc