[NCAP-Discuss] REMINDER: NCAP Discussion Group | 24 February at 19:00 UTC

Aikman-Scalese, Anne AAikman at lrrc.com
Thu Feb 25 18:56:53 UTC 2021

Dear NCAP Co-Chairs and DG members,
Unfortunately a conflict came up for me with respect to yesterday’s call.  Many thanks for coming up with a set agenda for the Discussion Group meetings and reminding us of the Board questions that need to be answered.

In reviewing the Zoom recording, I had one initial comment on the slide entitled “Overarching Principle of Identifying Harm”. Regarding the “attack vectors” mentioned, I think these need to be listed out individually in separate bullet points and perhaps defined a bit further in each case in order to help establish parameters for measurement of the magnitude of harm, e.g. via specific examples that apply.    Looking forward to a Study Two report, there will need to be sufficient background and definitions for non-technical members of the community to understand these attack vectors in plain language.

o   Reconnaisance/enumeration

o   MitM attacks (Man in the Middle attacks may need subgroups)

o   Internal document leakage

o   Personal document leakage

o   Malicious Code Injection

o   Credential Theft

Regarding the “context of a string” and whether name collision risk is judged pre- or post-delegation, I think that’s a topic that deserves more discussion.  I did not quite understand the point being made by Jeff at the end of the call.

Thank you,
Anne