[NCAP-Discuss] Current Status of the NCAP Project

James Galvin galvin at elistx.com
Wed Oct 19 13:01:03 UTC 2022

Folks are certainly aware that we have not met as a discussion group for some time.

Your co-chairs believe that all the issues have been discussed and we believe we have consensus on a proposal that we are actively writing down for your final review and acceptance.  We are aware that it is challenging to absorb everything based on discussion of the distinct parts of the proposal, which is what we have been doing over the past couple years.  Once we have a first draft then we will immediately open discussion for review and acceptance by the Discussion Group, which when complete will allow us to publish the document to the community in an ICANN Public Comment period.

All Discussion Group members have access to the work in progress on the DG’s shared drive.  You may also contribute edits directly to the document.  Here is a direct link:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1oPmy0MVRcqkjOzh-OvJRMomYc76TYxvQSXjbEG8LV9w/edit

Certainly, the first three major sections are in pretty good shape and you are encouraged to review them and add your comments or questions directly to the document.

1. Introduction - includes an extensive background section detailing the last decade of experience

2. Précis of NCAP Study Two Reports - the full reports are included as Appendices

3. Summary of NCAP Discussion Group Activities - please do confirm if what is captured here matches your recollection of what we have done

We’ll keep the DG meetings on your calendars and we’ll cancel them week to week as we have been doing.

One meeting to plan for is Wednesday, 9 November, at our usual time of 1900 UTC.  Please note that daylight savings time is happening around the world so the local meeting time for you may move.  The agenda for this meeting is a presentation by Heather Flanagan and Casey Deccio of a comparison of the various collision assessment methods we’ve been discussing.

See you all on 9 November!  Please do review the work in progress.

Jim