[NCAP-Discuss] Tool names

Casey Deccio casey at deccio.net
Thu Dec 7 15:11:44 UTC 2023

In yesterday's discussion about this, it was suggested that something different be used instead of "public interruption" (the "Transport-Layer Rejection at Public IP" option).  I agree.  Rubens suggested "Visible Interruption".  I like that!  He also suggested "concealed interruption" for tool 2.  I personally prefer keeping "controlled interruption" for tool 2 one because it already has a history, and I would hate to always have to be saying "formerly known as controlled interruption".

I present it to the group for your thoughts and consensus.

Tool 1: DNS NODATA Response ("No interruption")

Tool 2: Transport-Layer Rejection at Local System ("Controlled Interruption")

Tool 3: (UPDATED) Transport-Layer Rejection at Public IP ("Visible Interruption")

Tool 4: (UPDATED) Transport-Layer Rejection and Application-Layer Notification at Public IP ("Visible Interruption and Notification")

Casey