[NCAP-Discuss] NCAP DG agenda: 8 November 2023

Jennifer Bryce jennifer.bryce at icann.org
Tue Nov 7 21:13:08 UTC 2023

Dear NCAP DG members,

Here is the agenda for the next NCAP DG meeting on Wednesday 8 November at 20:00 UTC.

Note the meeting is taking place, although we are aware that many are not available due to IETF. Please review the recording if you cannot attend. Jonathan will send notes out.

  1.  Welcome, roll call, SOI updates
  2.  Discussion: What to name the “buckets<https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1bbLrEW9eiqpIHczZZwVK0oKAc6v9C0mxuUVTAfPokhg/edit#slide=id.g2929b97fc05_0_0>” discussed in Hamburg?
  3.  Time permitting: Review next text in the Study 2 document<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1H89gyy31dGVXQjn304PEGv85EKIpHUAR3vPm76YQMcc/edit#heading=h.yeucq7yhyb1d>:
     *   HF will draft text noting that CHM are the outliers of history, but something comparable could happen in the future (e.g., .internal). This is part of our overall risk analysis. (See new Finding B.d)
     *   HF will add a new finding on the topic of private use strings: Designation of a TLD for private use (as advised by SSAC in SAC113) can mitigate the risk over the long term, but not immediately (see new Finding H)
     *   HF to draft text regarding "the TRT should not have operational authority. If they identify an urgent issue, they need to contact the root zone operator. " (see change to Recommendation 7.1)
  4.  Time permitting: Outstanding topics doc<https://docs.google.com/document/d/1kKSqAcTv-Nf2FaKPm5doZKc7pVtSSJAOMcS94wBFoYw/edit>
  5.  AOB, adjourn
Best,
Jennifer
--
Jennifer Bryce
Project Manager, Office of the Chief Technology Officer (OCTO)