[NCAP-Discuss] "Do Not Apply"

James Galvin galvin at elistx.com
Wed Sep 13 20:56:06 UTC 2023

In the spirit of keep name collision assessment as a modular point in
time in the overall process, I would say we have two choices about how
to deal with your concern.

On the one hand, I don’t think we need to solve that problem as it
should be part of the overall process elsewhere.  So, say nothing.

On the other hand, for completeness, we should say that these issues may
be a concern and that we are not addressing this concern.  What we
should say is that all other requirements or guidance applies and that
this process is just a name collision assessment and not intended to
supersede any other concerns, in particular guidance that might be in
place regarding root scaling.

Jim