[NCAP-Discuss] "Visible Interruption (VI) and Visible Interruption and Notification (VIN) - Privacy and review"

Rubens Kuhl rubensk at nic.br
Wed Feb 21 02:21:26 UTC 2024

> Em 20 de fev. de 2024, à(s) 16:03, Matt Larson <matt.larson at icann.org> escreveu:
>
> <Visible Interruption (VI) and Visible Interruption and Notification (VIN) - Privacy and data protection assessment.pdf>

Matt,

One aspect I believe is missing from the assessment is that HTTP requester can be either a human or an automated system.
A human can read a transparency notice in the website serving VIN, although it could be debatable where the human making the access is the data owner or not. But an automated system will make a request with whatever data it will send, and it won’t ever “read” any notice on the VIN website.

Rubens