[Npoc-discuss] ellowship Program Brings Experienced Alumni to ICANN56 Policy Forum

Martin Pablo Silva Valent mpsilvavalent at gmail.com
Wed Apr 6 18:28:30 UTC 2016

Olévié,
	The Fellows are selected for their personal achievements in life, it has nothing to do with the constituencies. In my first fellowship I wasn’t even a member of ICANN, in my second one I was a NCUC member, and the last time I participate in the fellowship wasn’t as a Fellow but as a Coach Leader, and in that case I was an NPOC member, and the Secretariat.
	The Fellowship bets and hopes that Fellows will become more involved with  ICANN, but they don’t have the obligation to ask, report or comment their fellowships with the constituencies or bodies they are member of, if they were members of any.

	In this case the application probably mentioned that she was interested in NPOC and that she had applied, specially due to her extended work in NGOs, and that’s why they assumed her affiliation was toward Civil Society/NPOC. I would give more attention to try to get Aída and the other applicants inside NPOC as active members.

Hope that clarified,
Martín.