[Npoc-discuss] Invitation to participate

gangadhar gangactor at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 14 14:19:19 UTC 2016

I have mailed direct to Joan Kerr already.Adding here so that it is part of [Npoc-discuss]Name/Organization:

GANGADHAR PANDAY / BABULFILMS SOCIETY NGO NONPROFIT, HYDERABAD, INDIA

ICANN Affiliation (WGs, etc.):

NCUC / NCSG as an Organizational member,NPOC as an Individual member

Reason for wanting to attend in person:

I attended the ICANN andNCUC, NPOC meetings for the first time in ICANN57 Hyderabad. Now I have afairly good idea of the structure and functioning of ICANN.

I am very eager toparticipate in person so that I can follow and contribute to the discussions asa representative of non-profit in India, a developing country with hugeinternet penetration. I feel I am best positioned to reflect the concerns ofcivil society situation obtaining in India and also confident that the inputswill largely help in decision making.

Level of participation in NPOC (explain):

I actively participatedin the NPOC meetings in Hyderabad. I made a promo video with Martin Silva andJoan Kerr with my narration in Telugu [Language spoken in Telangana and Andhra Pradesh] which resulted in good attendancefrom the local civil society. I also translated the proceedings live for thebenefit of non-English speakers in the meetings.

I agree towrite a blog report maximum 2 weeks after the meeting and join an ICANN workinggroup/NPOC committee.

Sincerely,

Babul Films, Gangadhar Panday, India Videos and ICT for Eco-awareness