[Npoc-discuss] Workshop: Clearing Housefor DNS related Legal Services for NGO's

Klaus Stoll kdrstoll at gmail.com
Tue Jan 5 08:27:36 UTC 2016

Dear Friends

GKPF's  Pathfinder Initiative, in partnership with NPOC and other
organizations is holding a workshop on DNS related services for NGO's in
New York. (for further information, see below). If your organization has
or had DNS related legal problems we would like you to consider to
become one of the NGO presenters at this event. For those who can not be
present in person in New York, we will make remote speaking and
participation facilities available.

Please let me know if you are interested

Yours

Klaus

Clearing House

for DNS related Legal Services for NGO's

*Workshop:*

*"Implementing an Clearing House for DNS related Legal Services for NGO's "*

*Thursday 18th of February, 12.00pm-15.00pm *

at the offices of:

*Mayer Brown LLP*

*1221 Avenue of the Americas
New York, NY 10020-1001*

Civil Society plays a key role in the development, government and
economic development of the domain name system based Internet. Civil
Society organizations require Internet related legal advices and
services as much as private sector organizations do, but typically, they
are often not aware that legal protection is available, and if they are,
they cannot afford these services, nor do they know the appropriate
places to go for experienced advice.

The aim of the workshop is it to establish the real legal needs and
challenges of Civil Society organizations with regard to the DNS, to
showcase available solutions and services and to implement lessons learned.

*Program:*

Hour one, 12.00 pm: DNS related legal challenges of Not4Profit
Organizations

Hour two, 13.00 pm: Support and Services, law firms and trade
organizations offer.

Hour three, 14.00 pm: Round table discussion: lessons learned, possible
solutions and next steps.

Food and refreshments will be available throughout the event