[Npoc-discuss] Special events for NGOs during ICANN Marrakechmeeting

Klaus Stoll kdrstoll at gmail.com
Mon Jan 11 17:41:27 UTC 2016

Dear Joan, Dear Tom, Dear Friends

Thanks for your valuable comments. I have yesterday filled the form
necessary to request a room before or during the Marrakesh ICANN
meeting. I requested a meeting room on Saturday the 5th of Marsh  17.00
(to be confirmed).

We are in fact preparing 2 events: 1) The Saturday event with the draft
program below and a event, (Saturday):

/NPOC, t//he ICANN Not for Profit Organizational Concerns
Constituency,//in co-operation with the Pathfinder Initiative, is
pleased to invite //you to participate in//a live session and webinar//:/

/*"*//*ICANN: The Domain Name System and NGOs – How and Why Should NGOs
Get Involved*//*"

*/

/Civil Society and its NGOs, the Internet’s largest stakeholder group,
are increasingly dependent on how the Internet and its underlying Domain
Name System (DNS) operate in order to carry on their work. //T//he event
will directly address operational concerns of NGOs using the Internet
and describes how ICANN address issues and provides solutions. /

*Presentations include"*

/*"**NGOs’ day to day concerns using the Internet and how Internet
Governance and policy making addresses them**"***/

/*"*//*Privacy and how ICANN tries to address the issue*//*"*//*.*/

/*"*//*Right and Obligations of NGO's on the Net*//*"*//./

/*"Is my NGO secure on the Net?"*/

/*"*//*How to participate in ICANN as an NGO"*//.
/
2) *"DNS new business opportunities for registrars across Africa"*,
(event during Tuesdays NPOC Constituency days, event organized by Rudi).

So what we need now is to get speakers fixed and the local and regional
outreach going.

Tom, can you please follow up with Meagan Falllone, invite her, agree on
a topic and discuss regional outreach possibilities.

ALL: can you please propose speakers for the topics above. we should
also try to engage with speakers from the NCUC here.

The doodle poll stays open till the end of the week. Please let us know
when you are available. I will close the poll and announce the meeting
call by the end of the week. (Tom can you make yourself available
somehow, all your dates say no).

Let's get going and looking forward to your suggestions.

Yours

Klaus