[Npoc-discuss] Self Nomination Vice Chair NPOC

Poncelet Ileleji pileleji at ymca.gm
Tue May 17 11:08:27 UTC 2016

Dear Colleagues,

Good day, after a lot of self reflection over the last couple of weeks I
have decided to self nominate myself for the position of NPOC vice Chair.

As my organization was one of the few organizations that joined NPOC at its
creation, prior to me not seeking election for the position of Secretary
two years ago, a position I held and also served  the Program committee, I
have in my own little way contributed to NPOC through outreach especially
within my continent whereby alot of organizations have joined NPOC through
my reach out to them.

I have served and represented NPOC within the ICANN Meeting Strategic
working group and ICANN Academy to name a few, I took part in the  ICANN
first African strategy outreach in Addis Ababa and am active within the
ICANN African community and contribute in my own way to the Policy discuss
on NPOC and NCSG.  I am presently an  adviser to our Gambian Government
representation to GAC, and participated fully within Civil Society at the
WCIT 12.  I am the country resource person for IGF in the Gambia
representing the West African IGF and also take part actively in our
African IGF.  I have also represented NPOC and spoke at the Global IGF in
Baku.

My reason after been out of the EXCOM for two years plus was to take a
break and decide if I decided to seek a position within NPOC I should come
back well refreshed, and its based on this I have decided to put in my
nomination.  One of my highlight of serving NPOC previously was in the
development of the NPOC Strategy document under the tenure-ship of  our
Late chair Alain Berranger of blessed memory.

 I still belief in us revisiting our strategy as we move ahead and us
having an effective outline plan in coordinating our activities with more
effective collaboration with our sister constituency the NCUC as we both
share similarities within what we do ours been very more centric per our
objective as an organization based constituency serving Not for profits
interest.  Its also paramount we engage our members directly through an
outreach programme based on regional base, so we know our members better,
sometimes monthly calls for all to join might not be effective based on
time zones and other commitments, but through NPOC having a regional focal
point to reach out members within a region that can be helpful, just a
thought.

I count on members if you feel my candidature will serve own collective
interest to endorse my nomination based on my statements.

Wishing you all the best in your numerous endeavours.

Kind Regards

Poncelet

--
Poncelet O. Ileleji MBCS