[Npoc-discuss] eligibility, nominations, election

Joan Kerr joankerr at fbsc.org
Tue May 17 14:56:31 UTC 2016

Dear NPOC Members,

I am writing to update you on the election process, and encourage your
participation.  Please find info below.

Joan Kerr,
NPOC Membership Chair

*1) Eligibility*:

If you have not already done, please confirm your eligibility before May
26th, by sending an email maryam.bakoshi at icann.org to confirm your that you
are an active member, thereby giving you the right to vote in the upcoming
election.

*2) Nomination*

The nomination for positions must be received by May 26th, 2016 and include
the following::

   -

   Candidates can formally post their nomination on the NPOC Discuss list
   by:
   -

      stating their name and the position being applied for;
      -

      self nominate, or name of nominator;
      -

      statement of why you would make a good candidate; and
      -

      making a formal declaration:

I, (the above-named)
.....................................................................,
declare that:

   -

    I am an active member of NPOC, and that if elected, I consent to serve.
   -

    I do not have any percunary or conflict of interest with ICANN

You can self nominate or find a nominator starting on April 26th, 2016. A
membership call will be schedule for April  28th at 1300 UTC to discuss the
formal election process with the Excom and each other. Calendar invite will
be sent by ICANN Staff P*lease note that **position **terms are not
limited. **A*ll current Excom positions are open including:

   -

   Chair currently held by Rudi Vansnick
   -

   Vice Chair currently held by Klaus Stoll
   -

   Secretariat: Martin P Silva Valent
   -

   Policy Chair: Sam LaFranco
   -

   Membership Chair: Joan Kerr
   -

   Communication Chair: Olévie Kouami

You may also view the roles & responsibility on the committee menu.

http://npoc.org/index.php?p=npoc2016elections