[Npoc-discuss] Fwd: [Soac-infoalert] Message from the ICANN Board: Travel to and from the US.

Olévié Kouami olivierkouami at gmail.com
Thu Feb 2 13:00:34 UTC 2017

Greetings all the NPOCers
This is FYI.
Pour votre information svp.
Olévié
---------- Message transféré ----------
De : "David Olive" <david.olive at icann.org>
Date : 1 févr. 2017 00:45
Objet : [Soac-infoalert] Message from the ICANN Board: Travel to and from
the US.
À : "soac-infoalert at icann.org" <soac-infoalert at icann.org>, "
soac-discussion at icann.org" <soac-discussion at icann.org>, "Duncan Burns" <
duncan.burns at icann.org>
Cc :

The Blog has been published here:https://www.icann.org/
news/blog/travel-to-and-from-the-united-states

Late last week, the United States Government issued an Executive Order
addressing immigration and visa status for some countries and people
entering or planning to enter the country.

This situation has affected one Board member’s participation in the Board
Workshop taking place in Los Angeles this week, and it may make it more
difficult for certain community members to travel to ICANN 58 in Copenhagen
in March. We are monitoring and evaluating this situation closely, and are
trying to learn all we can about the implementation of the Order and what
it means in practical terms for the ICANN community, employees and Board in
the near and longer term.

ICANN remains committed to openness and accessibility. As we move forward,
we will work together with the community to address issues such as meeting
locations and travel.

As a global organization that depends on open, inclusive, transparent and
accountable engagement, participation and policy development contributions
from all over the world, we encourage all governments to help support the
freedom of participation in ICANN and similar bodies.