[Npoc-discuss] NPOC EC Meeting Brief

Remmy Nweke remmyn at gmail.com
Tue Feb 26 12:17:17 UTC 2019

Thanks Ore for sharing.

I will like to ask a few questions and observations including what happened
to an account reportedly open by Chair/Sam in Canada for NPOC before we
head to Estonia? Has it been closed?

I had also suggested earlier an opportunity to have whoever is on FC as
representative among other reps to be in Exco (extended Exco if we like) to
afford better feedback mechanism and it will afford same to know where the
Exco body language is headed and probably realign to that or rather project
that at the Committee levels and beyond.

Finally, I saw where projections were being made to seek fund from PIR. I
will like to remind us that PIR already supports NCSG and it may be an
uphill task seeking separate fund for NPOC and may smack off some kind of
sentiment of lack of trust within NCSG.

This had been one of the reason we had advocated for SPV - Special Purpose
Vehicle to deliver on that within the already existing C's with an
understanding (MoU) to ensure the agreement stands beyond the immediate
leadership, but being opposed by the current leadership of NCUC for reasons
best known to them.
I must commend our chair Joan on her support as always, unfortunately
Renata that understands the FC better has left office by the time a new
NCSG took office so we began another round of trying to bring upto speed
the new leadership, which left some of the projections on reverse gear.

I wish us good luck as we progress and safe trip and meetings for those
traveling to Kobe.

Regards
Remmy Nweke
NPOC Rep. To NCSG FC