[Npoc-discuss] NPOC EC Meeting Brief

Poncelet Ileleji pileleji at ymca.gm
Tue Feb 26 12:28:38 UTC 2019

Thanks Remmy and Ore,

Good work indeed, enjoy Kobe NPOC crew attending, lovely place my Sister In
law is from there, so its like a home to my family,  and do visit Hyotan
Restuarant you will love it for those attending especially their special
wrappers.

Kind Regards

Poncelet.

On Tue, 26 Feb 2019 at 12:17, Remmy Nweke <remmyn at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks Ore for sharing.
>
> I will like to ask a few questions and observations including what
> happened to an account reportedly open by Chair/Sam in Canada for NPOC
> before we head to Estonia? Has it been closed?
>
> I had also suggested earlier an opportunity to have whoever is on FC as
> representative among other reps to be in Exco (extended Exco if we like) to
> afford better feedback mechanism and it will afford same to know where the
> Exco body language is headed and probably realign to that or rather project
> that at the Committee levels and beyond.
>
> Finally, I saw where projections were being made to seek fund from PIR. I
> will like to remind us that PIR already supports NCSG and it may be an
> uphill task seeking separate fund for NPOC and may smack off some kind of
> sentiment of lack of trust within NCSG.
>
> This had been one of the reason we had advocated for SPV - Special Purpose
> Vehicle to deliver on that within the already existing C's with an
> understanding (MoU) to ensure the agreement stands beyond the immediate
> leadership, but being opposed by the current leadership of NCUC for reasons
> best known to them.
> I must commend our chair Joan on her support as always, unfortunately
> Renata that understands the FC better has left office by the time a new
> NCSG took office so we began another round of trying to bring upto speed
> the new leadership, which left some of the projections on reverse gear.
>
> I wish us good luck as we progress and safe trip and meetings for those
> traveling to Kobe.
>
> Regards
> Remmy Nweke
> NPOC Rep. To NCSG FC
>
> On Tue, 19 Feb 2019, 9:48 p.m. Oreoluwa Somolu Lesi <oreoluwa at wtec.org.ng
> wrote:
>
>> Hello everyone,
>>
>> The NPOC Executive Committee met today, Tuesday February 19, 2019, for
>> the monthly call. I have attached the notes and action items here.
>>
>> Please read through. We'd love to hear your comments, suggestions and
>> other contributions.
>>
>> Warm regards,
>>
>> Ore
>>
>> -- Oreoluwa Lesi
>>
>> NPOC - Secretariat
>>
>> Executive Director - Women's Technology Empowerment Centre (W.TEC)
>>
>> www.wtec.org.ng  | @wteconline

Poncelet O. Ileleji MBCS
Coordinator
The Gambia YMCAs Computer Training Centre & Digital Studio
MDI Road Kanifing South
P. O. Box 421 Banjul
The Gambia, West Africa
Tel: (220) 4370240