[Npoc-discuss] Public statement & Nomination acceptance by Remmy Nweke, for chair, 2019 NPOC Policy Committee:

Remmy Nweke remmyn at gmail.com
Thu May 23 19:09:33 UTC 2019

First, let like thank @Martins for this honour as I wish to humbly
accept the nomination with a promise to improve on what we ought to be
doing in Policy Committee, of course with the support of all NPOC
members when elected.

        *   Name: Remmy Nweke

        *   Affiliation: DigitalSENSE Africa Media.

        *   Position applied for: NPOC Policy Chair

        *   Why you are running for the position?:
I would like to improve on what we ought to be doing in NPOC Policy
Committee, of course, with the warm support of all NPOC members when
elected, especially with the Executive Committee and to support our
Councilors actively as well as collaborate with other members of Exco
and largely the non-commercial stakeholders group by ensuring that our
Policy Development Process (PDP) witness a new turn of events with
timeliness, trends, dedication and mentorship for new and upcoming
members and work towards getting NPOC to take its rightful place in
comity of NomCom stakeholders, among others.

        *   Do you have any conflict(s) of interest?:  NO

        *   How many Hours a week you are able to dedicate to the position:
Not less than dedicated 5 hours per week.

        *   Are you involved in any working Groups or PDP efforts, if
so please state:

Of course yes, I am involved in a number of working groups including
currently being the NPOC Representative to the NCSG Finance Committee,
where I was the pen holder for the first-ever draft Operating
Procedure (OP) which is undergoing review among other initiatives as
the vice chairman of the (NCSG-FC) in charge of the Secretariat until
recently.

As a member of NPOC Policy Committee, I have tried often to encourage
participation in our Policy Development Processes (PDP).

Equally, I am an active individual member of ICANN’s Generic Name
Supporting Organisations (GNSO) like Non-Commercial Users Stakeholder
Group (NCSG), Non-Commercial Users Constituency (NCUC) and
Not-for-Profit Operational Concerns Constituency (NPOC) respectively
and a forerunner of all-inclusive diversity advocacy, accountability
and transparency. I recently served as one of the by-lawyers for the
NPOC charter review working group and currently member of NPOC team
reviewing response for the NomCom Implementation Working Group request
for constituencies feedbacks, among others.

In liaison with Raoul Plommer our current Vice Chair, I have
consistently raised issues of concern to NPOC at the ongoing NomCom
Implementation Working Group for adequate inclusion and balanced
representation of communities including NPOC in the NomCom.
At the African regional level, I am a reliable member of At-Large
Advisory Committee of ICANN under AFRALO - African Regional At-Large
Organisation; member of the ALAC Subcommittee on Outreach and
Engagement; Fellow, Cyber Security Policy on Human Rights Defenders;
Chairman, Communication & Advocacy Committee (CAC), IPv6 Council
Nigeria and promoter of the Nigeria IPv6 Roundtable since 2011.

Lately, I served as an elected Executive board member, Nigeria
Internet Registration Association (NIRA), the managers of .NG country
code Top Level Domain and extended my services to several committees
including Communications and Publicity, Accreditation, Finance and
Establishment, as well as an elected Vice President of the African
Civil Society on the Information Society (ACSIS), pioneer Lagos branch
Secretary, Cyber Security Expert Association of Nigeria (CSEAN) and
former publicity secretary, Nigeria Internet Group (NIG) cum chairman,
International Relations of NIG; pioneer Secretary, ICT Media
Initiative; BARK Foundation – a knowledge-based advocacy group;
Internet Governance Caucus (IGC), chief advocate, ICTMedia TinkTank,
to name a few.

Additionally in Nigeria, DigitalSENSE Africa, an ICANN certified
At-Large Structure; where I serve as Lead Strategist, saw efforts at
building multistakeholderism which gave rise to nurturing of today’s
Nigeria Internet Governance Forum (NIGF) of which I am equally serving
as a member of the NIGF-Multistakeholder Advisory Group (NIGF-MAG).
Just as I preside over the Protocol, Security and Exhibition Committee
for the Civil Society Coalition on Sustainable Development Goals
(CSCSDG-2019) in Nigeria and served as a member of the Civil Society
Selection Group for the recently concluded WSIS+10 Stakeholder
Selection Committee for the United Nations (UN) President of the
General Assembly, among others.

Therefore, I crave your support to enable us move NPOC and the Policy
Committee precisely to the next level as anticipated.

So, vote for Remmy Nweke for the chair, Policy Committee.

Thank you and God bless our efforts.

Remmy Nweke
Chair nominee,
NPOC Policy Chair

On 5/23/19, Martin Pablo Silva Valent <mpsilvavalent at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear all,
> 	After a lot of thought, I would like to nominate hard working people for
> the NPOC ExCom that I have not seen yet nominated in the list.
> 	Since they have been working amazingly well, conquering huge tasks by
> rebuilding this constituency, everyday closer to what we want it to be, I
> would like to see them keep working hard:
> For
> • Chair, I nominate Joan Kerr
> • Vice Chair, I nominate  Raoul Plommer
> • Secretariat, I nominate Oreoluwa Lesi
> • Membership Chair, I nominate Juan Manuel Rojas
> • Communication Chair, I nominate Caleb Ogundele
>
> And someone that has been doing a lot and I would like to see in a more
> formal position:
> • Policy Chair, I nominate Remmy Nweke
>

> I can only hope that they accept, and thank you in advanced for all the hard
> work that you put in this Constituency, it does not go unnoticed.
>
> Best of all,
>
> Martin Silva Valent
>
> mpsilvavalent at gmail.com
>
> Partner | Silva.legal
> martin at silva.legal
>
> Director | Dat.as
> martin.silva at dat.as
>
> Skype ID: mpsilvavalent
> Tel: +5491164993943
> Libertador 5990, Off. 406
> Buenos Aires, Argentina.
>
> Este email, incluyendo adjuntos, podría contener información  confidencial
> protegida por ley y es para uso exclusivo de su destinatario. Si  Ud. no es
> el destinatario, se le advierte que cualquier uso, difusión, copia o
> retención de este email o su contenido está estrictamente prohibido.  Si Ud.
>  recibió este email por error, por favor avise inmediatamente al remitente
> por  teléfono o email y borre el mismo de su computadora. / This  e-mail,
> including any attachments, may contain information that is protected by  law
> as privileged and confidential, and is transmitted for the sole use of the
> intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby
> notified that any use, dissemination, copying or retention of this e-mail or
> the  information contained herein is strictly prohibited. If you have
> received this  e-mail in error, please immediately notify the sender by
> telephone or reply  e-mail, and permanently delete this e-mail from your
> computer system.
>
>> On May 23, 2019, at 10:34 AM, Maryam Bakoshi <maryam.bakoshi at icann.org>
>> wrote:
>>
>> Dear All,
>>
>> Nomination for the NPOC Executive Committee Positions start today Thursday
>> 23 May 2019 through to Thursday 06 June 2019.
>>
>> All current ExCom positions are open:
>>
>> • Chair currently held by, Joan Kerr (eligible for re-election)
>> • Vice Chair currently held by, Raoul Plommer (eligible for re-election)
>> • Secretariat currently held by, Oreoluwa Lesi (eligible for re-election)
>> • Policy Chair currently held by, David Cake (eligible for re-election)
> [...]

____
REMMY NWEKE, mNGE,
Lead Consulting Strategist/Group Executive Editor,
DigitalSENSE Africa Media [*Multiple-award winning medium*]
(DigitalSENSE Business News
<http://www.digitalsenseafrica.com.ng/businessnews>; ITREALMS
<http://www.itrealms.com.ng>, NaijaAgroNet <http://www.naijaagronet.com.ng>)
Block F1, Shop 133 Moyosore Aboderin Plaza, Bolade Junction, Oshodi-Lagos
M: 234-8033592762, 8023122558, 8051000475, T: @ITRealms
<http://www.twitter.com/ITRealms>
Author: A Decade of ICT Reportage in Nigeria
<https://www.facebook.com/adecadeofictreportageinnigeria%E2%80%8E>

*2019 Nigeria DigitalSENSE Forum on IG4D & Nigeria IPv6 Roundtable
<http://www.digitalsenseafrica.com.ng>*
JOIN us!!

*Vice President, African Civil Society on the Information Society (ACSIS
<http://www.acsis-scasi.org/en/>)

*NPOC FC Rep @ICANN Non-Commercial Stakeholders Group (NCSG)*
<https://gnso.icann.org/en/about/stakeholders-constituencies/ncsg>
*Confidentiality Notice:* The information in this document and attachments
are confidential and may also be privileged information. It is intended
only for the use of the named recipient. Remmy Nweke does not accept legal
responsibility for the contents of this e-mail. If you are not the intended
recipient, please notify me immediately, then delete this document and do
not disclose the contents of this document to any other person, nor make
any copies. Violators may face court persecution.