[Npoc-discuss] Public statement & Nomination acceptance by Remmy Nweke, for chair, 2019 NPOC Policy Committee:

Felix Iziomoh flelixi at gmail.com
Thu May 23 21:13:06 UTC 2019

Dear All,
I want to use this medium to nominate Remmy Nweke  for the position as NPOC
Policy Chair.
Regards,
--
*Felix B. Iziomoh, *

On Thu, May 23, 2019 at 8:10 PM Remmy Nweke <remmyn at gmail.com> wrote:

> First, let like thank @Martins for this honour as I wish to humbly
> accept the nomination with a promise to improve on what we ought to be
> doing in Policy Committee, of course with the support of all NPOC
> members when elected.
>
>         *   Name: Remmy Nweke
>
>         *   Affiliation: DigitalSENSE Africa Media.
>
>         *   Position applied for: NPOC Policy Chair
>
>         *   Why you are running for the position?:
> I would like to improve on what we ought to be doing in NPOC Policy
> Committee, of course, with the warm support of all NPOC members when
> elected, especially with the Executive Committee and to support our
> Councilors actively as well as collaborate with other members of Exco
> and largely the non-commercial stakeholders group by ensuring that our
> Policy Development Process (PDP) witness a new turn of events with
> timeliness, trends, dedication and mentorship for new and upcoming
> members and work towards getting NPOC to take its rightful place in
> comity of NomCom stakeholders, among others.
>
>         *   Do you have any conflict(s) of interest?:  NO
>
>         *   How many Hours a week you are able to dedicate to the position:
> Not less than dedicated 5 hours per week.
>
>         *   Are you involved in any working Groups or PDP efforts, if
> so please state:
>
> Of course yes, I am involved in a number of working groups including
> currently being the NPOC Representative to the NCSG Finance Committee,
> where I was the pen holder for the first-ever draft Operating
> Procedure (OP) which is undergoing review among other initiatives as
> the vice chairman of the (NCSG-FC) in charge of the Secretariat until
> recently.
>
> As a member of NPOC Policy Committee, I have tried often to encourage
> participation in our Policy Development Processes (PDP).
>
> Equally, I am an active individual member of ICANN’s Generic Name
> Supporting Organisations (GNSO) like Non-Commercial Users Stakeholder
> Group (NCSG), Non-Commercial Users Constituency (NCUC) and
> Not-for-Profit Operational Concerns Constituency (NPOC) respectively
> and a forerunner of all-inclusive diversity advocacy, accountability
> and transparency. I recently served as one of the by-lawyers for the
> NPOC charter review working group and currently member of NPOC team
> reviewing response for the NomCom Implementation Working Group request
> for constituencies feedbacks, among others.
>
> In liaison with Raoul Plommer our current Vice Chair, I have
> consistently raised issues of concern to NPOC at the ongoing NomCom
> Implementation Working Group for adequate inclusion and balanced
> representation of communities including NPOC in the NomCom.
> At the African regional level, I am a reliable member of At-Large
> Advisory Committee of ICANN under AFRALO - African Regional At-Large
> Organisation; member of the ALAC Subcommittee on Outreach and
> Engagement; Fellow, Cyber Security Policy on Human Rights Defenders;
> [...]

*Felix B. Iziomoh, M.Ed *

*Executive DirectorInternational Centre for Leadership Development Nigeria,
ICLDNG *

*President Emeritus- International Institute for Global Leadership U.S.A
(IIGL) *

*Email: flelixi at gmail.com <flelixi at gmail.com> / iziomoh at icldng.org
<iziomoh at icldng.org>*

*Phone: +2347038222687 *

*Skype: iziomoh.felix*

*Website: www.icldng.org <http://www.icldng.org> *

*Author: African Leadership 101 & The Way ForwardBlog:
www.iziomohfelix.wordpress.com*
*One book can change a mind, one mind can change the world......*
*ICLDNG in Special Consultative Status with the United Nations Economic and
Social Council (ECOSOC).*