[Npoc-discuss] The new charter of NPOC - members' review

David Cake dave at davecake.net
Tue Sep 17 01:38:53 UTC 2019

If your primary reason to be in NPOC is to not be in NCUC, you should not be in NPOC. You should join the NCSG and not join any of its constituencies if you do not qualify or want to be in either of them.

The NPOC mission IS to represent non-profits.

I can see some special cases for people specifically involved in non-profits, such as someone who retired from a non-profit position or otherwise is heavily involved in the non-profit - some provision has been made, I think they would still be best left as observers.

The idea that we should allows individuals just to allow people who feel more ‘aligned’ with NPOC

> I also know Government people in other countries who are aligned with At Large/NPOC but feel they cannot join either of these groups even if that is their passion because of their employment

You know people who can’t join NPOC because they aren’t a non-profit? The system seems to be working correctly.
Honesty the argument that we should allow people who work to the government to join because of their ‘alignment with At Large/NPOC’ has strongly convinced me that we shouldn’t.

David