[Npoc-discuss] The new charter of NPOC - members' review

Remmy Nweke remmyn at gmail.com
Wed Sep 18 16:16:26 UTC 2019

Hi Poncelet and all
I raised my observation because I am aware it was discussed although I was
skeptical about individual members in a body said to be representing
corporate, hence I reminded us, so that it will not become contradictory
contents, especially having been part of the review process and there is no
plan to set us back but have a more clear and easy to understand charter
devoid of ambiguity.

For instance, this charter states inter alia:

*3.1 Eligible Members*
The Members of NPOC shall be comprised of not-for-profit organizations.
NPOC requires member
organizations to be a registered legal entity, unless, in exceptional
circumstances,
*the ExecutiveCommittee allows an unregistered entity to become a member on
a case by case basis.*

I will like to ask what the highlighted part meant before anyone is accused
of allowing individual membership which for a simple understanding is an
unregistered entity.

Good evening from city of Lagos.
Remmy

On Fri, Sep 13, 2019, 12:07 PM Remmy Nweke <remmyn at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Raoul
> Nice to have this mission added.
>
> However, for a start, its solely about NGOs and since we have
consideration for individual members I think such should reflect in the
mission statement.
> Regards for now
> Remmy
>

> On Fri, Sep 13, 2019, 9:24 AM Raoul Plommer <plommer at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> For some explicable reason, the 1.2., i.e. our mission was omitted from
the draft. Here it is below. I've also added it to the working document of
the charter.

>> "1.2 NPOC’s mission is to represent Not-for-Profit Organizations by
addressing their operational concerns with the generic Top-level Domains
(gTLDs). Operational Concerns are defined as issues arising from the use of
the gTLDs by the not-for-profit organizations to achieve their own mission.
Those can include but are not limited to Domain Name Fraud, Intellectual
Property Abuse, Privacy, Security, Stability, and Resiliency, as well as
transparent registration and continued ownership of domain names."

>> I went through the suggestions and there was nothing major, as far as I
could see. I resolved the comments and if you're happy with the above
mission statement as well, we can send the charter to its next phase of the
review process. Enjoy your weekend!

>> -Raoul
>>
>> On Fri, 30 Aug 2019 at 22:45, Olivier Kouami <olivierkouami at gmail.com>
wrote:

>>> Hello dearest.all.
>>> Thanks you for the update Raoul.
>>> I'll pass.through ans.seen.the.work done.since about 5 Yeats now.
>>> You're welcome.
>>> Regards.
>>> Olévié

one thorough look before sending it to you for accepting it. Sorry for
taking so long in finally getting round to doing it.

After we've gone through all the comments of the members, we'll pass it to
ICANN law for a review.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1HRcUOxtoMUzJnfXhXm-wpJd3vDmVRG9uFTRyojOAbxo/edit?usp=sharing

it's unfinished at the moment, and we still need to work on it before
passing it for you to review.

setting digest-style delivery or disabling delivery altogether (e.g., for a
vacation), and so on.