[NPOC-EC] Session in Montreal

Maureen Hilyard maureen.hilyard at gmail.com
Mon Aug 19 21:08:28 UTC 2019

Hi again Joan

Heidi has just reminded me that we have a meeting proposed with the GAC
also covering similar communication resource issues - related to policy

She has suggested that with ATLAS happening in Montreal and our ALAC time
being somewhat confined to two days that we might have a joint meeting with
Pua Hunter who is in charge of capacity building in the GAC, and bring
along ICANN Org's team of Betsy Andrews, Sally Newell-Cohen, Mary Wong and
Ergys Ramaj (not sure why she has included MSSI) but at least we could also
find out what ICANN is planning for communications before we embark on our
own workplans.

I haven't broached this with Pua until you give your OK, but from our
(ALAC) perspective and given the limited time we will have in Montreal, I
wondered if you would be averse to having this joint meeting so we can plan
for further across ICANN with our proposals because we all have common
needs.

Maureen

Let me know and then I'll know what I can broach with Pua.   I can do a
face to face meeting with her which is a bonus.