[NPOC-EC] Fwd: [Ext] Re: NPOC charter - next steps

Raoul Plommer plommer at gmail.com
Fri Mar 20 15:41:39 UTC 2020

FYI:

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Mary Wong <mary.wong at icann.org>
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2020 at 11:58
Subject: Re: [Ext] Re: NPOC charter - next steps
To: Raoul Plommer <plommer at gmail.com>

Dear Raoul,

Please accept my apologies for the extreme tardiness in my reply to your
emails. I very much appreciate your following up and your and NPOC’s
patience in this matter. As Maryam may have informed the EC, the next step
following formal constituency approval of its proposed updated charter is
for staff to perform an analysis of the new charter, prior to submission of
a staff report about the changes to the Board (via the Board’s
Organizational Effectiveness Committee, or OEC). A public comment
proceeding will also be opened for the changes prior to Board action, which
will be based on recommendations from the OEC.

Due to a number of recent staffing changes in the Policy and
Multi-Stakeholder Strategic Initiatives (MSSI) departments, and,
unfortunately, the increased volume of work for Policy, Legal and MSSI
staff post-Montreal, we have not been able to complete the initial staff
analysis of the new NPOC charter as speedily as we would have wished.
Please be assured that the charter review remains on our list of important
action items – I will do my best to come back to you with an estimated
timeline to Board approval as soon as I can (hopefully within the next
couple of weeks once we have a clear sense of the Board’s priorities and
work agendas for the next few months in view of the recent cancellation of
the GDD Summit and related events).

Once again, please accept my apologies for the delay and my slowness in
responding to your messages.

Thanks and cheers

Mary