[NPOC-EC] CROP APPLICATION

Poncelet Ileleji pileleji at jokkolabs.co
Mon Apr 8 13:42:06 UTC 2024

8th   April 2024

To: ICANN NPOC

From: Poncelet O. Ileleji

Email: pileleji at Jokkolabs.co

Tel: +220 7456362

Whatsapp: +220 9912508

Dear  Sir / Madam,

  *COVER LETER – PONCELET ILELEJI*

*ATTENDANCE OF ICANN80 THROUGH CROP*

I am writing to express my keen interest in serving as a Non-Commercial
Stakeholder Group (NPOC) Member for the Community Regional Outreach Program
(CROP) to attend the upcoming ICANN80 meeting in Kigali. As an active
participant in the internet governance community, I am enthusiastic about
contributing my expertise and insights to advance the objectives of CROP
and represent the interests of non-commercial stakeholders at the ICANN
meeting. I have been involved in NPOC since inception and have served as
membership Chair, Policy Chair, NCSG Exco and served within the ICANN
Strategic
meeting working group in the early days.  Am currently serving in the UASG
working group.

With 28 plus year  of experience with the Internet ecosystem , such as
internet governance, non-profit leadership, community engagement, etc, I
have demonstrated a strong commitment to promoting the principles of
inclusivity, transparency, and multi-stakeholder collaboration in internet
governance processes. I have actively engaged in various ICANN working
groups, policy discussions, and capacity-building initiatives, where I have
advocated for the interests of non-commercial stakeholders and contributed
to policy development efforts.

My qualifications for serving as an NPOC Member for CROP include:

   1. In-depth understanding of ICANN's multi-stakeholder model and policy
   development processes.
   2. Extensive experience in representing non-commercial interests and
   advocating for a free, open, and accessible internet.
   3. Strong communication and negotiation skills, with a proven ability to
   build consensus and facilitate constructive dialogue among diverse
   stakeholders.
   4. Demonstrated leadership in community outreach and capacity building,
   particularly in underserved regions and communities.
   5. Commitment to promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion within the
   internet governance ecosystem.

Attending the ICANN80 meeting in Kigali presents a valuable opportunity to
engage with stakeholders from around the world, contribute to policy
discussions on critical issues affecting the internet, and strengthen
relationships within the ICANN community. I am particularly interested in
leveraging this opportunity to amplify the voices of non-commercial
stakeholders, advocate for the adoption of policies that uphold internet
freedom and human rights, and foster greater participation from
underrepresented regions and communities.

I am fully committed to fulfilling the responsibilities of an NPOC Member
for CROP, including actively participating in preparatory meetings,
representing the interests of CROP members at the ICANN meeting, and
reporting back to the CROP community on key outcomes and developments.

Thank you for considering my application. I am excited about the
possibility of serving as an NPOC Member for CROP and contributing to the
success of the ICANN80 meeting in Kigali. I look forward to the opportunity
to collaborate with fellow stakeholders and advance our shared goals of
promoting a safe, secure, and inclusive internet for all.

Yours Sincerely

Poncelet O. Ileleji

*Poncelet O. Ileleji*

*Jokkolabs Banjul -  Lead / CEO*
*Sait Matty Road, Bakau, Adjacent to Swedish Consulate*
*KMC, The Gambia*
*P O Box 4496 Bakau,KMC, The Gambia*
*Skype: pons_utd*
*Tel Direct Office: +220 4495115*