[NPOC-EC] About NPOC membership meeting at ICANN80

Caleb Olumuyiwa Ogundele muyiwacaleb at gmail.com
Thu Mar 21 18:21:28 UTC 2024

Find my response inline

On Thu, Mar 21, 2024 at 12:32 PM Juan Manuel Rojas via NPOC-EC <
npoc-ec at icann.org> wrote:

> Hi Caleb,
> That's not the idea. I mean, yes we have AFRALO members but I know that we
> have some others are not. On that case I would prefer to GSE VP. Maybe the
> topic would be about that Coalition that I've seen ICANN is promoting as
> well. I don't know enough to that topic to suggest something, but maybe you
> or any of our other EC members can.

In that case, I or Andrea can try to reach out to them GSE but I'm not sure
we can get a VP.

> I would like to reach out our members on Africa but different from AFRALO.
> There's a world out from ALAC, you know that right? (hehehe). Yes you are
> right.
>
> As membership Chair may are you able to answer to any of the following
> questions:
> How many members do we have in Rwanda?

We don't have Rwandans as members. A good opportunity for us this time to
do outreach.

> What organizations on Rwanda are doing Human Rights on Internet issues?

I would not know but will have to research.

> How they address that topic? How many organizations are from Civil Society
> what we can invite to speak out on our membership session?

 I would not know but will have to research. I can put out words

Is any ISOC Chapter (for example) doing some projects?

I know the Chapter President in Rwanda and can speak to him.

> What projects are applying NFP organizations in Rwanda and Africa? What
> are the concerns they have about DNS or gTLD next round (or any other ICANN
> topic)?

These are open-ended questions I alone cannot answer for the entire Rwanda
and Africa. I will suggest a side session with AFRALO as this will also
allow us recruit more members from that session and also hear their
thoughts.

> Looking forward to hearing your thoughts.
>
> *JUAN MANUEL ROJAS P.*
> Director - MINKA DIGITAL Colombia
> NPOC Chair - NCSG/GNSO
> MSc. Information Technology
> Registered Linux User No.*533108.*
> http://www.jmanurojas.com
>

> *Cel. +57 301 743 56 00Instagram/Twitter: @JmanuRojas
> <http://www.twitter.com/jmanurojas>*

> El jueves, 21 de marzo de 2024, 10:18:18 a. m. GMT-5, Caleb Olumuyiwa
> Ogundele <muyiwacaleb at gmail.com> escribió:
>

> I can reach out to AFRALO Chair for a joint session if you approve. She is
> just a WhatsApp call away.
>
> If you want also, I can try to reach out to the GSE team to discuss few
> stuff on the Coalition but we must have an agenda.
>
> Let me know when actions you want me to take.
>
> On Thu, Mar 21, 2024, 9:50 AM Juan Manuel Rojas via NPOC-EC <
> npoc-ec at icann.org> wrote:
>
> Hi everyone..
>
>  Thinking loud on NPOC membership meeting on ICANN80 I can say that could
> be African topic related. What do you think?
>
>  I have seen some posts about Africa coalition, but I think that would be
> closed by that time. Or even, try to bring Africa VP from GSE.. to talk
> him...
>
> Maybe we could invite some of our African members to discuss some topic
> ICANN related
>
> Best Regards,
>

> Yahoo Mail: Search, Organize, Conquer
> <https://mail.onelink.me/107872968?pid=NativePlacement&c=Global_Acquisition_YMktg_315_EmailSignatureGrowth_YahooMail:Search,Organize,Conquer&af_sub1=Acquisition&af_sub2=Global_YMktg&af_sub3=&af_sub4=100000945&af_sub5=OrganizeConquer__Static_>

*Caleb Ogundele*
Email: muyiwacaleb at gmail.com