[registrars] RE: WSIS Business Registration Requested - ONE FURTHER THOUGHT

Elana Broitman ebroitman at register.com
Fri Nov 7 17:40:57 UTC 2003

Next week in Geneva there is a preparatory meeting for WSIS.  It would also be effective to contact your governmental representatives who are going to be at this meeting and tell them that you are concerned about the language that is in the working documents under consideration that address Internet governance, ICANN, and the role of the ITU in the Internet.

The delegates will be drafting changes in the working documents over next week, and the most contentious areas may be simply dropped out. If you agree with the concerns raised about WSIS or ITU encroachment, you should urge your government to express concern about including such language in the working documents.

The actual WSIS which takes place in Geneva in December is likely to have documents already more or less finalized. That is the usual approach to summits of this nature.  I will keep you informed as I learn more.

Regards,

Elana Broitman
Register.com
575 Eighth Avenue