[registrars] Regarding participation on multiple task forces

Elana Broitman ebroitman at register.com
Fri Nov 7 17:52:28 UTC 2003

It appears that at least Tim, Ross and I have pledged to do so.  I would urge the other candidates to similarly pledge to work on only 1 task force if elected to several.  Not only would it be more productive because the task forces tend to be time consuming, the constituency would benefit from the participation of as many different people as possible.

Further on the issue of several task forces, I thought it might be helpful to state where I think my participation would be most helpful.  I was nominated for the data mining and accuracy task forces, and while I believe that I would contribute to either task force, my work on the Whois has focused on data mining.  As you know, I have been working other constituencies, the GAC, and ICANN to advocate for data mining solutions that don't require contractual changes in order to foster such solutions in a shorter time frame.  In that vein, I have been asked to help coordinate and speak at several Whois work shops.  I have fairly and without bias represented different registrars' views and potential solutions.

One thing that I would contribute on either task force is my proven ability to work with other constituencies and governments to advocate strongly for registrars' positions without offending them so that agreement can be found.  Whoever we choose for any of these task forces will need to find a diplomatic way to be a strong advocate for registrar interests.

Hope that's helpful.
Thanks,

Elana Broitman
Register.com