[registrars] Third Draft Standard form of authorisation for use by losing registrars after a transfer is initiated

Robert F. Connelly rconnell at psi-japan.com
Thu Oct 9 05:41:45 UTC 2003

At 12:04 AM 10/9/03 -0400, tbarrett wrote:
>Allowing resellers to send emails, either as the losing or gaining
>registrar, causes confusion and opens the door to fraudulent transfers.  I
>know of no way of confirming the identity of a reseller.

Dear Tom:  You are addressing the most important element of the transfer
problem.

Some registrars give their resellers a very long leash -- if any at all.  I
frankly don't trust some of the reseller networks.

And how about the reseller's resellers networks; and the reseller's
resellers' resellers?

We're a long long way from the original Code of Conduct provisions:-(  Few
of these registrants have any idea who is the real registrar.  I think
ICANN should look at the problems created by these broken lines of
authority. Certainly I would like to put the resellers' RRA Agreements
through the scrutiny that *we* Accredited Registrars must contend with.

Regards, BobC

"I've sawed this board off three times, and it's *still* too short".

"Small choice between rotten apples."  Dr. U.B. Bray