[registrars] Third Draft Standard form of authorisation for use by losing registrars after a transfer is initiated

Tim Ruiz tim at godaddy.com
Thu Oct 9 11:41:53 UTC 2003

I don't see as a big a problem with this as is suggested. The ICANN
Accredited Registrar of record is still ultimately responsible for this
process, and its consequences. The Reseller Registrar is the entity the
registrant is familiar with and will cause less confusion if the message
is coming from them than someone the registrant does not normally deal
with.

This is all a result of opening this up to competition. None of us would
even be here if that hadn't happened. We should not now be looking for
ways to control that just because we don't happen to agree with a
particular business model.

Tim