[registrars] Third Draft Standard form of authorisation for use by losing registrars after a transfer is initiated

Bruce Tonkin Bruce.Tonkin at melbourneit.com.au
Thu Oct 9 10:25:05 UTC 2003

 Hello Gary,

> If a message is to be sent by the losing registrar after the
> registrant has provided authorisation to the gaining
> registrar, then the opportunity to obstruct transfers will
> still exist as is the case today.

Yes I am sure that there are plenty of opportunities to continue to
obstruct transfers.
Hopefully a better policy and better dispute resolution will be an
improvement but time will tell.
We are still struggling to get any changes added to the agreements.

> This is particularly noticeable if one looks at a large
> number of domains used in a previous example by Tim, the
> gaining registrar may use one email to gain authorisation for
> 500 domains but the losing registrar may choose to send one
> per domain.

Not sure how to manage that.  I think the general consensus is to allow
a single message to apply to mulitple domains, but I think for now we
need to leave the choice to the discretion of the registrar.

Regards,
Bruce