[registrars] Third Draft Standard form of authorisation for use by losing registrars after a transfer is initiated

Bruce Tonkin Bruce.Tonkin at melbourneit.com.au
Fri Oct 10 03:12:02 UTC 2003

Hello Tom,

> If I read this correctly, losing registrars can no longer NACK a
transfer if a
> registrant does not respond to an email confirmation.  Correct?

> In other words, the transfer must be allowed by the losing registrar
even if
> the registrant ignores the confirmation request from the losing
registrar.

Correct.  The gaining registrar however MUST receive confirmation from
the registrant prior to sending a transfer command to the registry.

A dispute resolution process has been established to deal with
situations where a losing registrars believes that a gaining registrar
has not obtained the appropriate authorisation.

Regards,
Bruce