[registrars] Email address for .com and .net registrants

Robert F. Connelly rconnell at psi-japan.com
Fri Oct 10 23:42:08 UTC 2003

At 02:37 PM 10/10/03 -0400, Mike Lampson wrote:
>In fact, based on the discussions that I have seen surrounding
>Registrars migration to EPP for the .ORG Registry, some Registrars may not
>store e-mail addresses for Registrants.

Dear Mike:  You make a valid point that I've addressed several times as we
came down toward the .org migration.

We saw the handwriting on the wall well over a year ago.  We started
collecting these data points.  Some Japanese registrants did not want to
fatten their whois any further -- especially their spam loads.  But we
collect it if at all possible for that inevitable day when Verisign
migrates to EPP.

Regards, BobC