[registrars] RE: ICANN fees

Rick Wesson wessorh at ar.com
Tue Oct 14 20:06:44 UTC 2003

On Tue, 14 Oct 2003 15:02:29 -0400
Jim Archer <jarcher at registrationtek.com> wrote:

> --On Tuesday, October 14, 2003 11:25 AM -0400 Monte Cahn
> <monte at moniker.com> wrote:
>
> > full increase.  The question is what increase do we approve or provide
> > our opinion on and the best way to structure our message.
>
> How about *no* fee increase.  Is no fee increase good for you?  Hey, let's
> go further... How about a fee **decrease** ?!?!  Owwww.... A decrease...
>
> Is there some rule somewhere that ICANN should get an increase every time?
> No.

correct, but every other constituency has a fee cap in their contracts, registrars don't seem interested in a fee cap.

> Do I want to give them more of my money to beat up on me?

aparently you do, just like all registrars you are at least 365 days late about complaining on this topic.

sleeper is the word for you, complain about something you can effect. you had better learn to be proactive or ICANN will always increase your fees.