[registrars] RE: RGP Implementation - .ORG

Paul Stahura stahura at enom.com
Tue Oct 14 20:56:30 UTC 2003

Bruce,

I have two questions for PIR:

1) Did PIR make a policy decision to
not refund our registration fee immediately upon deletion after an
auto-renew?
I assume PIR has made this decision because that is what Afilias,
your outsourced registry systems provider, is doing on your behalf.

If you have not made that policy decision, please ask your
outsourced registry systems provider to refund our funds immmiately
upon  delete.  If you have made that policy decision, I ask
you to reconsider it, see below.

2) Do/did registrars who are/had been using RRP for .org registrations
have their funds credited upon deletion, like they did when
Verisign was the operator?

As you request, here is a detailing of the suggested change:

Immediately credit the registration fee (that was automatically deducted
from our accounts when a name is auto-renewed) when the name is deleted.

I will post your answers to the registrar's list, if you wish.

Paul