[registrars] Fourth draft of transfer form for LOSING registrars

Siegfried Langenbach svl at nrw.net
Wed Oct 15 09:21:59 UTC 2003

Hallo,

I want to repeat something I already said in Rio:

according to german law (and I guess some other EU-law also) I
have a problem to ACK a outgoing transfer without explicit answer
of the registrant (the law is assuming consumer protection).

If ICANN accepts the regulation in which no answer from the
customer is treated as a YES, I will have to ask the german court for
a decision (in germany the loosing party pays all the court and
lawyer fees).

I have to do this as a self-protection act.
I still wonder why a better working process (auth_code) is not
used...

Respectfully
Siegfried Langenbach

Computer Service Langenbach GmbH (CSL GmbH)
GERMANY