[registrars] transfer TF compliance

Christopher Ambler chris at ambler.net
Fri Oct 24 23:50:31 UTC 2003

I should be announcing a cooperative effort that eNom and GoDaddy have been
working on over the past month next week. In short, it is an agreement to
identify and whitelist each other's IP addresses for the purpose of
gathering WHOIS information for transfers, and a common data format for the
exchange of that information. We'd originally specified a simple XML format,
but have recently migrated to using IRIS-dreg (from the CRISP working group
effort).

In short, it's a streamlined registrar-to-registrar process that we feel
will significantly help the process.

As I said, I should be making a formal announcement early next week, with a
URL for a site that has complete information.

Christopher