[registrars] transfer TF compliance

Rick Wesson wessorh at ar.com
Fri Oct 24 23:11:45 UTC 2003

In section (e) of Final Report and Recommendations of the GNSO Council's
Transfers Task Force  Exhibit A: Reference Application at
http://www.icann.org/gnso/transfers-tf/report-exha-12feb03.htm the
gaining registrar is required to parse the loosing registrars whois.

I've been testing some whois data mining software, one by gandi and one
by directi. It would seem that neither of these methods provides a
reliable means to acquire the registrant or administrative contact for
a subset all registrars.

If anyone has another experence with a diferent tool set that they would
like to share, please drop me a refrence.

thanks,

-rick