[registrars] DRAFT Standard form for use by losing registrars after a transfer is initiated

Jim Archer jarcher at registrationtek.com
Fri Sep 5 22:14:18 UTC 2003

Ross, this is nonsense.  Most of the problems in this industry come either
from unethical registrars or from resellers, who (1) don't understand what
they are doing or (2) don't care what they are doing.

It is fundamentally unfair to punish the smaller companies, who are trying
to distinguish themselves from our competitors, because of the unethical
acts of our competitors or, frankly, the unethical acts of the resellers of
the bigger companies.

More and more, registrars are being told *exactly* how to do business.  We
should just go back to the days of having only one registrar, because no
one will know the difference soon anyhow.

Rather than dictate how and when we all do something, why don't we hold the
unethical agents responsible for their behavior?  If the problem is bad
apples, then don't throw out the entire bushel.

--On Wednesday, September 03, 2003 8:30 AM -0400 "Ross Wm. Rader"