[registrars] Ross's Motion - Suggeseted Amendment

Ross Wm. Rader ross at tucows.com
Thu Sep 18 17:25:18 UTC 2003

On 9/18/2003 1:16 PM Rob Hall noted that:

 > Would you consider an amendment to your motion that refers the matter
to the
 > GNSO for immediate study, and suspends the recent Verisign implementation
 > until the study is completed ?

If it suspends all gTLD implementations until the study has been
completed and a process has been followed to carefully gauge the impact
of the proposed change on the technical and user communities, then yes.
I don't want to be in a situation in a few weeks or months where the
SSAC issues some findings and Verisign or Neulevel says "Thanks for the
input, we'll take it under advisement" and ignores the interests and
wishes of the community.

Elana and I talked earlier about essentially the same thing, but I've
had a hard time framing it in words - can you put forward some proposed
text that we could incorporate?

As well - Jim Archer - if you're listening, now's the time to get those
"whereas's" in...

--

                        -rwr