[registrars] Ross's Motion - Suggeseted Amendment

Elana Broitman ebroitman at register.com
Thu Sep 18 18:03:14 UTC 2003

how about:

"Whereas the VeriSign Registry has launched a new service that potentially risks the stability and security of the domain name system and undermines competition in the registrar and registry sectors without prior notice or consultation within ICANN, the Registrar Constituency strongly recommends that ICANN require the VeriSign Registry Operator to temporarilly cease this new service and return an NXDOMAIN response for DNS records that do not exist and that in all cases and forbid the VeriSign Registry from including wild-card entries in gTLD zones until such time as the Supporting Organizations provide input on security, stability and competition issues, and ICANN staff ensures that any such service would be in compliance with the VeriSign Registry Agreement.  The Registrar Constituency further recommends that any other gTLD registry follow such a consultation and notice process prior to launching any similar service."

Elana Broitman
Register.com
575 Eighth Avenue
New York, NY 10018