[registrars] Final Motion for Balloting

Ross Wm. Rader ross at tucows.com
Fri Sep 19 15:20:42 UTC 2003

On 9/19/2003 11:04 AM Rob Hall noted that:

> Ross,
>
> I would suggest a small wording change be made in the last paragraph.
>
> I would remove the word  "other" so that ANY GTLD Registry would have to go
> through this process (including Verisign for .com/.net).  I believe that if
> Verisign wants to do it, they should have to go through the process just
> like anyone else (ie: they may not choose to do it now ... I know your first
> para tries to deal with this, but I think removing the word "other" is
> best).

Fair point. I've squeezed it in as a last minute change and sent it to
Rick to have the final ballot amended (I sent in the final wording last
night per Elana's instructions and then again this AM per an offlist
request...) Its up to the excomm to accept this final change, but I
suspect that it won't be a problem.

> I would also support removing the "gTLD" in the last paragraph and leaving
> it at "Any Registry".  I think before ccTLD Registries all start doing this,
> ICANN should have a published position on it.

That is something best left to the CCNSO or more appropriately, the
local community.

	-rwr

"In the modern world the intelligence of public opinion is the one
indispensable condition for social progress."
	- Charles W. Eliot (1834 - 1926)