[registrars] Revised draft for TF2

Thomas Keller tom at schlund.de
Tue Apr 13 13:43:02 UTC 2004

Ross, all,

please see my quotes below

Am 13.04.2004 schrieb Ross Wm. Rader:
> On 4/13/2004 9:12 AM Thomas Keller noted that:
>
> >Hello,
> >
> >the discussion of the last days has been exceptional usefull and
> >helped me to revise my first draft (attached).
>

> Tom - I don't understand what qualifies as acceptable "known use". How
> does one declare their intended use of the data, to whom and what
> criteria would be used to deem whether or not the proposed use was
> indeed acceptable?

The idea is not to define any acceptable use but only to document the
use the data recipient is claiming to have. Since there is no
possibility to check what that user is doing with the data in reality
this is pretty much all we can do. What we should do thought is to come
up with a definition of not acceptable uses. Together with the knowledge
about the user this would enable us to exclude this user if misuse
is reported.

> Also, it should be made exceptionally clear that the data provided to
> in case #3 is purely for administrative purposes by an administrative
> entity. Administrative entities using this data for marketing purposes
> would not be acceptable use in my opinion.

I absolutely agree. I will incorporate this into my next version.

tom

> --
>

>                        -rwr
>

>                 "Don't be too timid and squeamish about your actions.
>                                            All life is an experiment.
>                             The more experiments you make the better."
> 						- Ralph Waldo Emerson
>
> Got Blog? http://www.blogware.com
> My Blogware: http://www.byte.org

Gruss,

tom

(__)
(OO)_____
(oo)    /|\	A cow is not entirely full of
  | |--/ | *    milk some of it is hamburger!
  w w w  w