[registrars] Transfer policy

Ross Wm. Rader ross at tucows.com
Tue Feb 10 21:19:12 UTC 2004

On 2/10/2004 4:15 PM tbarrett noted that:

> Transfers are restricted until 60 days after initial registration or a
> completed transfer.
>
> Could someone explain why this same 60 day restriction does not apply to
> renewals?

It was felt that the pre-existing commercial relationship didn't
warrant the restriction. I'd put this in the "compromise" bucket.
Users were definitely interested in striking a balance between
restrictions and security that didn't always coincide with the
economic interests of registrars.

--

                        -rwr

                 "Don't be too timid and squeamish about your actions.
                                            All life is an experiment.
                             The more experiments you make the better."
						- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Got Blog? http://www.blogware.com
My Blogware: http://www.byte.org