[registrars] Is there a lawsuit in YOUR future?

tbarrett tbarrett at encirca.biz
Sun Feb 29 01:24:45 UTC 2004

Check out the thread on icannwatch.org:

http://www.icannwatch.org/comments.pl?sid=1557&op=&threshold=-2&commentsort=
0&mode=thread&tid=24&pid=0

"Registrars watch your back!

Newman & Newman's lawsuit against ICANN and Verisign ALSO mentions "John
Does" just like the Verisign suit against ICANN.

But in this cause, it would seem to refer to any Registrars who promote WLS
to consumers.

Remember the .biz lottery case? A bunch of Registrars got sued for
participating in the lottery. They all had to hire legal counsel to protect
themselves.

Any registrar that starts promoting WLS is fair game for Newman & Newman!"

Can a registrar be served in Rome for a US-based lawsuit?

Tom