[registrars] Some thoughts on the ICANN budget

Rick Wesson wessorh at ar.com
Thu May 13 20:34:56 UTC 2004

IMHO there are two areas that the budget committee should focus on.

  1) a precise definiation of a per domain fee paid to ICANN by
     registrars. Stop at nothing, play hard-ball, get a precise definition
     not a formula.

  2) removal of the registry as a potential source of funds insted of
     the registrars, its a sore subject and it is about time our budget
     reps do something besides "approve" our demise.

We have never once, "won" the budget debate. Every year we get nothing in
return yet our fees double.

are we to be proved fools this year too?

-rick