[registrars] icann budget position (ascio)

JP jp at dotregistrar.com
Thu May 20 23:03:15 UTC 2004

Bhavin,

It is a question of what is it that we are debating here.

You say the budget is not the best for ICANN or the registrars but on the
other hand you said you much rather pay 49C per transaction, which is more
than what ICANN is asking for and would put a bigger burden on Us.

I would completely understand you if you were requesting ICANN does not
increase the fees, But you are asking for a redistribution of the SAME fees,
something that will favor somebody's business model (e.g.: companies that
are providing turnkey / accreditation services) over somebody else's (e.g.:
mine).

Again, I do not have a problem with debating  the budget, I just will not
accept to pay for the costs of people getting accredited just because its
cool and or cheap.

I has already been established that "REAL REGISTRARS" with VIABLE business
models which have the need, can get relief from the fee.

JP