[registrars] Regarding taxes

Robert F. Connelly rconnell at psi-japan.com
Thu May 27 01:23:52 UTC 2004

At 10:48 AM 5/26/2004, JP wrote:
>I not only think it is unfair, I can tell you it will completely cripple our
>business, and our ability to provide a large number of customers with
>registrations at an affordable price,

Dear JP:  I just can't let that one go by:-(

The cost of the domain name is the least expensive service in the bundle of
services required by the registrant -- web hosting, co-location, mail
service, search engines, web editors, marketing... need I go on???

It is only significant for those few registrants who have thousands of
domains and one (or just a few web sites).  I don't think Jon Postel had
that in mind and I don't think ICANN should structure its operations to
subsidize that kind of registrant.

Regards, BobC