[registrars] 66% needed for approval

Ross Wm. Rader ross at tucows.com
Thu May 27 14:57:36 UTC 2004

On 5/27/2004 10:41 AM Monte Cahn noted that:

> I think we are on to something here.....

Doubtful. It only requires the consent of ICANN to modify this contract.
  I think it would be pretty easy for the various registries to draw up
a quick Christmas list of things they want in exchange for signing a
revised contract that lifts these caps. I also expect that this could be
done in a couple of weeks, behind closed doors and likely seal our fate
permanently.

The problem of the size of the budget doesn't go away no matter how many
  potential angles we come up with. We can either focus on that or, in
my opinion, lose (big).
--

                        -rwr

                 "Don't be too timid and squeamish about your actions.
                                            All life is an experiment.
                             The more experiments you make the better."
                         - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Got Blog? http://www.blogware.com
My Blogware: http://www.byte.org