[registrars] Cap it

Paul Stahura stahura at enom.com
Fri May 28 01:32:11 UTC 2004

I agree with Monte.
We need to draw a line in the sand this year, regardless.
I said so last year.
Last time, I said,
"I believe we need to make clear to ICANN now that we will not support any
increase in fees to registrars."
and
"We need to warn ICANN now that while we may or may not support a budget
increase, that the increase, if any, not be born by the registrars."
(You can read the rest in our archive
http://www.gnso.icann.org/mailing-lists/archives/registrars/msg01073.html )

We did not to that, but it is better late than never.

Let's not wait yet another year.
I still believe the only way we can stop these year-after-year increases is
to have our own cap.

Kurt said in his 5/19 email:
"Where the budget ascribed to holding the 25 cent fee constant, it should
also be taken as making the same commitment to the per annum fee."

Regardless of the rest, we need to at least get this commitment formalized
before any budget-voting happens.  So I move we authorize excom to do so.

Paul