[registrars] 66% needed for approval

Larry Erlich erlich at domainregistry.com
Fri May 28 17:40:15 UTC 2004

ICANN certainly hasn't undertaken an
"impact study" to determine exactly what would
happen to different registrars when the budget is changed.
Or what costs would increase for registrants.
Had they done that they would be in a better
position to justify making changes.

An analogy is, before the government undertakes
building a road there are various impact studies that
are commissioned. "This is the benefit but 4 businesses
will be destroyed as well as 20 houses". (Then the
fighting begins of course.) In this case of course
ICANN is flying blind in this process without knowing
the impact.

Larry Erlich