[registrars] Proliferation of registrar locks

Marcus Faure faure at globvill.de
Sat Nov 13 13:46:16 UTC 2004

Hi all,

other than you I am sure that this IS a step backward. Let's just look at
goals and the results:

Goal: We wanted a standardized transfer process
Result: We do not have it. While the transfer itself is standardized now,
        almost all registrars have now locked their domains, forcing the
        customer into a non-standardized "have my domain unlocked" process

Goal: We wanted transfers to become easier
Result: We can not check authinfos before we went through the FOA process.
        If the FOA is successfully returned and the authinfo is incorrect,
        the whole process has to be restarted.